About Our ShelterThe Pet ShopShelter Wish ListSurrender an AnimalAbout Spay/NeuterSpay/Neuter/Now Clinic ScheduleImportant Phone NumbersLicensing Your DogLost a Pet?Found a Pet?Medical EmergenciesRabies ClinicsFundraising EventsSPCA Critter Giver 500 ClubDonationsNewsletterWhere There's a Will There's a WayHappy Tails!Links
2016 Rabies Clinics
ST. LAWRENCE COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Rabies Control Program
80 State Highway 310, Suite 2
Canton, NY 13617
Phone: (315) 386-2325
|Oct 19||Ogdensburg||6-8pm||Ogdensburg Fire Hall|
|Oct 26||Lisbon||6-7pm||Lisbon Fire Hall|
|Nov 9||Hermon||6-8pm||Hermon Town Barn|
|Nov 19||SLC Public Health||5-7pm||Human Services Center|
PLEASE NOTE...IT IS IMPORTANT TO MAKE SURE ALL DOMESTICATED DOGS, CATS, AND FERRETS ARE IMMUNIZED AGAINST RABIES.
- Three Year Vaccinations are available but a CURRENT RABIES CERTIFICATE is required and is the only acceptable proof for an animal to receive a three year vaccination certificate. According to NYS law, the rabies tag is NOT acceptable proof of a previous vaccination.
- Dogs and cats must be at least three (3) months old to be vaccinated.
- Pregnant dogs and cats CAN be vaccinated.
- ANIMALS MUST HAVE A COLLAR AND LEASH. CATS MUST BE IN AN ANIMAL CARRIER OR A PILLOWCASE.
- ALL ANIMALS MUST BE UNDER THE CONTROL OF AN ADULT.
- Ferrets need to be vaccinated yearly.